Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1st Photography Independent Study Project

Digital Macro Photography of Bugs and small creatures
*      Butterflies and Moths
*      Spiders
*      Cicada
*      Bees and Wasps
*      Snails
*      Crabs
Camera:  Digital slr Canon Rebel T2i
Lens: Canon EFS 18-55mm
I will be using Photoshop to edit some of the pictures. Some examples of things I may be doing with the pictures in Photoshop are…
*      Converting pictures to Black and White
*      Converting the background to Black and White, but leaving the focus of the image in color
*      Adding  filters or hues to the image
*      Lightening and darkening the image to add dimension and depth

 I will also be leaving some pictures unedited.
This way I will be able to work on my photographic skills. I’ll control the amount of light by controlling the, shutter speed, iso, and f-stop (I will be able to control these settings unless I use my camera’s Macro setting).

Oh the places I’ll go…
To find my photographic subjects I will go to different outside locations (unless I happen upon a bug or small creature indoors). I will mostly be using my front and backyard. I conveniently have a marsh in my backyard that has many subjects. I will also be going to local places like parks.

I enjoy Macro photography because the camera lens can pick up things that the human eye can’t always see.

No comments:

Post a Comment